Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Our area BTSW

We're going with a safari theme for our area. Here's what's needed:

  • We're going to do 3 activities: 1) an "archeology dig" (kiddie pool with prizes hidden underneath a ton of rice; kids will have a bucket and shovel to retrieve their prize; 2) A super fast craft where kids will make bags (paper) to put all their little prizes in throughout the day. I found animal print stamps at Oriental Trading (they are awesome). We're going to also have brochures and a little flyer about the worship services attached to the bag. 3) cute foam tiger dart boards with velcro balls to throw at the target. What's needed is a person to head up each activity, making sure that all the details are worked out and a person to help with each activity on the day of. Total of 6 people. Remember the goal of the activity is to let the kids have quick fun (quick so that others can jump in right after) and for parents to see the rooms and learn what we have to offer. While one person is catering to the kids, the helper should cater to the parents, finding out their needs and telling them where CLPC can meet those needs.
  • Carol is going to be in one of the preschool SS rooms giving out prizes. Someone can help her out, too. Carol, if you want to do a little activity or craft in there, let me know ASAP so that I can get it approved by the committee.
  • Decorating people to make the area look safari-ish but not overpowering because we want people to see the murals. I plan to have the activities in the different rooms so that we can decorate there and leave the gathering area pretty much as is.
  • Floaters to guide people to the different games and to make sure that every person gets a brochure and the opportunity to sign up to volunteer or for more info about Sunday School, KidsInC, etc; these people will also be hospitatlity people, making sure that visitors feel welcome. They are also bathroom break people! I'll be floating, as well.
  • I've already ordered prizes and some decorations, but if you come across something really cool, tell me about it so that we can see if it is in the budget. Note: if it is in Oriental Trading's Catalog, I've already seen it.
Now for the best part! I'm thinking we should wear khakis and white or animal print if you have it, and I'm buying safari hats for all of us. The hats will really be necessary so that people can know that we are working it and can ask us questions if needed.

Ok, comment below and let me know where you want to help. Ideas are also welcome, but remember that the committee has guidelines that we need to follow, so not every idea is possible, no matter how good it is.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to be a floater.
Susan

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got by animal print shirt already!

Love the plan, especially to keep it simple, quick and to get visitors in every room. Do we want to invite some kids to help out as well?

Thanks for setting up the blog. It's new to me; sounds like a great way to keep us all informed and well-connected.

Blessings!
Linda

2:32 PM  
Blogger CLPC Kids said...

Well, the youth are having their own 3 booths, and the kids might be pretty busy doing their treasure hunts, so I'm not sure if there will be any available.

4:51 PM  
Blogger CLPC Kids said...

Carol--I ordered some cute safari animal stickers to give away to the preschoolers, and I will come up with a game for you. Anyone have an idea? I have to let the planning team know before Tuesday.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to help decorate. I could also work in some rooms for an hour or two wherever needed or could float. I don't want to do a long shift but could do a few short ones.

Nancy

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Realized I never said what I would be willing to do. I'll help decorate and then help with whatever's needed on that day.
Linda

11:51 AM  
Blogger CLPC Kids said...

Holly mentioned that she would help decorate and would lead an activity.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 2 animal print stamps if you want them to use on the bags. I can work where ever you want me.

Rosemary

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 2 animal print stamps if you want to use them on the bags. I can work where ever you want me.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home