Thursday, August 10, 2006

BTSW Final Post

Ok, here are the updated stats on BTSW:

  • Decorating committee did a fabulous job. The whole upstairs looks "safariffic."
  • Holly: I bought foam pieces to fill the pools with (less money and less to clean up).
  • Linda: Everything for you has been bought. You've got dum dum pops as consolation prizes.
  • Holly and Linda: Email me your volunteer schedule sometime tomorrow (Friday). It'd be best to CC it to my sbcglobal address, just in case. Also, I'll be up at the church by about 12:30 on Saturday and will be there all evening, so Holly, you can come up and set up the pools anytime that day. Linda, I figure your game won't take much set up.
  • Carol: Because the preschool teachers are getting rooms together this week, I haven't been able to set up or decorate anything in the Kindergarten room. I will put your tree in there on Saturday with the monkeys and prizes on a table. Your people will probably either want to come in on Saturday or on Sunday morning early to set it up.
  • EVERYONE: please touch base with me by 9:30 on Aug 13 to let me know you are there. I'll be there at 8:30AM, if you want to touch base with me before you go into the 9AM service. To be on the safe side, people on first shift should be at their booths at least 15 minutes before the shift starts. Everyone else should arrive about 5 minutes early for their shift to provide a good transition. See post below to find your shift.
  • Attire: I have pith helmets for all of you, so when you check in at 9:30, you can pick those up. Otherwise, wear khaki (or army green) and white or animal/jungle print.
  • Food: The workroom (little reading room at the end of the hall by the stairwell) will be marked "Authorized Personnel Only," which means YOU. I will have donuts and juice in there in the morning, and there's a couch in there if you just need to take a break from the craziness. It doesn't lock, though, so don't put your personal belongings in there. For lunch, there will be hotdogs and popcorn near the gym somewhere. Feel free to walk around as long as you aren't on shift with someone.
  • Passports: All the kids (and probably some of the teens) will have a passport. You will need to open the passport to our page and stamp it with the little stamp you receive from Connie or me. This helps encourage people to visit all of the areas (and saves prizes). The kids will get a coupon for a free something at the end if they get all the items stamped. Our area is labeled "Dig it (the dig); Bop it (the tiger darts); Bag it (Bags)."
That's it, I think. Feel free to ask any questions below. Just hit comment and sign in. I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are very prepared!! The kids are going to love it!

Rosemary

10:42 AM  
Blogger CLPC Kids said...

Chuck will cover for Karen's shift on bags.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home